Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

New Zealand People - Winter Learning Journey D1 A1

Winter Learning Journey
Day 1, Activity 1


For my first activity for the Winter Learning Journey 2017, I read a passage about the people of New Zealand and chose three interesting facts to post on my blog.

I learnt that Maori is an essential part of New Zealands identity. I also learnt that Maori travelled thousands of miles on canoes and became the first people to inhabit New Zealand. Another interesting fact I found about the people of New Zealand is that they are the inventors of so many commonly used things including freezer vacuum pumps, the fastest motorbike in the world, stamp vending machines, etc.

When I look at these facts, I say, "Wow! New Zealand is a really fascinating place!"

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Jazire and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey! I'm so pleased that you've joined us and I hope you will continue blogging with us over the holidays!

New Zealand really is a fascinating place isn't it? We have so much rich history and culture, especially Maori culture! Ah yes I did know that we invented the world's fastest motorbike - have you seen the movie "The World's Fastest Indian"? It's all about that!

Keep up the great work Jazire!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment