Pages

Monday 25 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 Week 2

Summer Learning Journey
Day 3


Activity 1 - On your blog, please tell us what you do when you want to relax or de-stress. Do you read a favourite book, watch a favourite television show or talk to someone special?  What are your tips for dealing with stress?

I have been through a lot in the past 5 years. My parents have shared that stress with me. A lot of the times, we just take a long walk away from where the stress is coming from. And we deal with stress in a lot of other ways too. Including...
* Having a nap/timeout
* Calming myself down with a book
* Watching a tv show
* Forgetting what caused you stress
* Colouring in a de-stressing book


Activity 2 - Imagine that you were alive in the 1930s. What could you have done to help these families? On your blog, list three different ways that you could raise funds for families to help them buy food and clothing. Be as creative as you can with your fundraising ideas!

1 - I would do a fairground, where people pay to play the games, and sometimes donate tips!
2 - I would go for a charity walk.
3 - I would fundraise by hosting a garage sale, or giving away things I do not need to help the needy!


Bonus Activity - Imagine that you were able to travel back in time to visit a family in the 1930s. What special gifts or treats would you like to bring with you? I would likely bring blocks of Whittaker’s chocolate, bags of Jet Planes and Pineapple Lumps, healthy food snacks, clothing, and games for the children. What about you?

I would bring a huge box of clothing, some snacks and munchies, healthy food, games, and other things like toothbrushes and toothpaste for everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jazire
What awesome work you have done!! What was your least favourite part about this activity and why???

Unknown said...

Hi Vedel! Thanks for commenting! My least favourite I think was the fundraising activity because it took me ages to think about what 3 things I would do to help other people less fortunate than me!

jolie said...

Kia Ora Jazire

Amazing work. What was your favourite part about this activity? Why?

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Jarzie

Outstanding work, Keep it up. What amazing ideas you came up with. Which one do you mainly want to focus on?

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia Ora!

Wow! These are some really awesome responses! Thanks for sharing about the stress you family has been experiencing and the ways you dealt with it. I find taking a walk is one of the best ways to deal with it, too! It's great for clearing your head and getting some fresh air.

I love all your creative fundraising ideas! A fairground would be such a fun and effective way of raising money. I know schools often raise lots of money when they do them. What kinds of games would you have at it?

That is a great combination of items to take with you! I'm sure you would be warmly welcomed to any family, bringing all those goodies with you!

Wonderful blogging Jazire!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment