Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 2 Week 1

Summer Learning Journey
Day 2



Activity 1 - In the 1800s, most Māori lived in villages called pa. Each village had many buildings – kauta where people cooked, pataka where they stored goods and wharepuni where the Māori slept. A traditional wharepuni had a thatched roof and walls made of timber, fern, rushes and bark. Look at the picture below of a traditional wharepuni. Does it look like your house? On your blog, compare the wharepuni to your own home. What are two similarities and two differences between a wharepuni and your house?


Similarities:
Differences: x

1 - People sleep in them
2 - It was made from bark, or wood (It was made from trees)

1 - They used rushes and fern
2 - The roof was thatched

Activity 2 - What is your dream job? Draw a picture of yourself doing your dream job and post it on your blog. You could be a doctor, an actor or even a zookeeper! I have drawn myself taking a picture of a beautiful castle in Poland because I would love to become a travel blogger and photographer one day.



Bonus Activity - On your blog, post a picture of your favourite meal. Be sure to tell us what it is and why it is your favourite. You could also include the recipe if you have it so that we can all try it!

My favourite food is Butter chicken and Rice with Naan. It is delicious as well as spicy, if you make it spicy. I think that this meal is most appealing to me because....... I like to taste all three things together, which makes a sensational combination, because it just tastes so amazing!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey jazier

I love butter chicken and I like that your dream job is builder it's a really wise choice . I really like the whare one too you are so amazing.

Jazier I really hope that your dreams come true and when you get that dream job you want you are great.

Talk to you in the future .

Yours trully stars :)

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Jazire
I love how you have told us your role model when you want to be a builder... Your ideas are very original and creative.. When you are a builder, what things are you going to build and what do they mean to you??? Can't wait for more!!!!

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Kia ora Jazire
I love how you explained your activities it is outstanding,and you are really being creative on using google drawing to show us what you want to be in the future. Why do you want to be a builder? Is it interesting is it fun. Love your work

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Jazire!

What a great response to these activities! I love what you have said about your dream job. It's so cool that one of your photographs sold for $50 - that's a great achievement. I love that you have confidence in yourself and your skills which will totally help you to achieve your dream job!

I also love butter chicken, it's so delicious with all the spices and flavours! Do you have a recipe you could post of your favourite butter chicken so we could try it? Or do you have a favourite place that you buy it from and could recommend?

Keep up the great blogging!

Nicky :)

Unknown said...

Thanks to everyone for commenting on my blogposts! I love the support and also the fact that you all love my work! Once again, Thank you...
Jazire

Unknown said...

Hi Nicky, no I do not have a recipe. But my mum always goes to Pak 'n save to buy chicken breasts, basmati rice, and naan bread and cooks it herself! I think I'd better watch how she does it. We're having butter chicken for dinner tonight! (*yes!)

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Jazire,
Amazing work that you have done. I also love butter chicken it is one that I enjoy. What is your second favourite food? Keep up the amazing work. Merry Christmas and happy new year :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jazire
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Jazire,

Ah ok, she must have a special, secret recipe! Yes - make sure you watch to see how she does it! I assume it was just as good as always for dinner?!

Nicky :)

Post a Comment