Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3 Week 1

Summer Learning Journey
Day 3



Activity 1 - On your blog, please tell us how you would feel. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not?

I don't think that I would like being part of a large family. My reason why is because, well... Sometimes, when you're part of a big family, your parents would have to spend more money to keep you healthy and safe. There'd also be a variety of responsibilities to ghandle and maintain. I don't like the sound of these things!


Activity 2 - Use the template provided below to prepare your own unique pepeha. If you need help please watch this short movie clip on preparing a pepeha.


My pepeha (so far)Ko Maungakiekie te maungaKo Rumuhaunga te awaKo Ngati Whatua toku maraeKo Robinson, Paikea toku hapuKo Jazire toku ingoa

Bonus Activity - Everyone’s family is unique. What makes your family special? Choose three people close to you and ask them what their two favourite things to do in summer are.

Person 1 -Dad. In the summer, dad likes playing with the kids at the park or on a soccer field. He also likes blasting his music so loud that my ears explode!
Person 2 -Nan. My Nana likes having barbecues with family and she also adores bonding with relatives.
Person 3- Younger Brother. My younger brother, Legin, loves swimming at the beach and running around, spending time with close friends.



Comment on today's activities ~
I liked today's activities. They were the slightest bit challenging, and I like a new challenge. I'd take one any day!
x
On your blog, write two fun facts about each person. For example, my Nana plays the bagpipes!

1 comments:

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Jazire,

My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you as part of the Summer Learning Journey this summer.

You have done some great work here, well done. Those are good reasons to not want a large family. I like how you have talked about how expensive it is. I think it would be quite expensive to have such a big family too! The older kids would have quite a lot of responsibility I think.

You've done a good job with your pepeha but it is quite difficult to read because you haven't left any gaps or spaces. Could you do some editing so your readers can read it clearly?

It sounds like your family has lots of fun in summer! My family likes to go to the beach, read lots of books, and have picnics. Can you think of any fun facts about your family?

Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment