Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Week 1

Summer Learning Journey
Day 5



Activity 1 - Use Google Translate to translate the following five phrases from English to Te Reo Māori or from Te Reo Māori to English. Post the translations on your blog. Be sure to include the phrase in both the English and Māori to earn full points.

Phrases:

  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa. - Welcome to New Zealand
  2. ____ is my name. - Ko Jazire toku ingoa
  3. What is your name? - He aha to ingoa?
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro. - I like to play rugby
  5. Where do you come from? - No hea koe?

Activity 2 - On your blog, tell us three fun things that you can do as a visitor in Waitangi. Which one would you like to do the most?

You get to see a replica of the treaty.
You can explore the Waitangi River.
You can watch a video at the visitor centre.

I would most probably explore the Waitangi River.



Bonus Activity - On your blog, write four questions that you would ask Bill Kini.
1 - Was it your dream as a kid to become a heavyweight champion? 2 - How long did you train. How many hours a day?
3 - Did all that hard work pay off eventually?
4 - Did you face any difficult challenges during your journey?


Comment on today's activities - Today was interesting! I liked working on what questions I'd ask Bill Kini. And I loved translating!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jazire
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Unknown said...

Hey there Jazire, my name is Billy from the Summer Learning Journey team.
Great blog!

I like your four questions you have written to ask Bill Kini. I especially like the question about Bill facing difficult challenges during his journey. This is a great question because he could mention any type of challenge, whether it was an injury, someone passing away in his family, a mental struggle etc. Great question! I think that would lead to a really interesting response.

Keep up the fantastic blogging!
Billy

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Jarzie
I love your questions, and you did a fantastic job, really keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Greetings Jarzie,

My name is Aletheia and our school is also doing the summer learning journey.
Your have did a great job with this blog post.
You have did a great job with the phrase plus I think you have did a great job with putting down the numbers for your readers to know which one is frist.
You have did a amazing job when you had to write down 3 things that people can do plus I would totally agree with you by going to the Waitangi River to explore.
Nice Job Jarzie on writing down you questions which was very interesting and great to read I think Bill will be very happy to have answered your questions.

Cheers,
Aletheia.

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Jazire,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working on these activities. Well done!

Activity 1: Great work translating those sentences. Don't forget to add your own name to the second sentence in English! Could you tell me something that you like to do in Maori? For example, I like to play the piano. In Maori that is: He pai taku ki te takaro e ti piana.

Activity 2: There are heaps of fun things to do in Waitangi, aren't there! You've thought of three good options. Well done. Have you been to Waitangi before? I have been a few times and always enjoy walking around the grounds.

I look forward to reading more of your blog over summer.
Cheers,
Ruby.

Post a Comment