Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Week 1

Summer Learning Journey
Day 1





Actvity 1- Name 3 things you found out about Maui

1: He fished up the North island of New Zealand
2: He was a Demi-God
3: He slowed down the sun

Activity 2 - On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…

Dear Friend.
Whilst on our way to New Zealand, we experienced high, rough seas and extremely overwhelming weather! Our waka rocked but did not tip over. Instead, it swayed with the waves and not against them. We witnessed dozens of wildlife, managing to capture a few ika on our journey. And now, we are finally here!

Bonus Activity - Watch this short video of a Waka Ama race. On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?

I would love to be in a Waka Ama race one day. I have many reasons why....
First of all, I think it would help me to build up my muscle, from rowing the waka. Secondly, I'd meet new people I could develop a friendship with. And last of all, I could have plenty of fun.

12 comments:

jolie said...

Kia Ora Jazire

Lovely work, Your facts about Maui are very interesting and its great to hear that you would happily participate in waka ama.Keep up the great work, cant wait to talk to you in the future:)

Unknown said...

Hey Jazier

I like your facts about Maui , they are so interesting I couldn't believe my eyes . I like Maui and the Giant stories but you told facts and those facts are amazing.

Keep up the great work . MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Yours truly stars

Unknown said...

Hey jazire,

I really like your works so much and I think that you did a great job on this post. I love how you kept everything short and sweet. Which activity was your favourite?

Unknown said...

Hey Jazire
Just reading your reason for why you would take part in the Waka Ama race you have really persuaded me to change my mind. Your facts about Maui were very original and so was your short story. If you were Maui would you have changed anything and why ?? Can't wait for more!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie.

Thanks for the encouragement and support of my work. I really hope you do well, as much as I hope I will!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Nastazia.

Thanks for taking notice of my facts about Maui. I do find them pretty mind blowing myself. i still can't believe the fact that he actually fished up OUR North Island! Can you?

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Limi.

Thanks for commenting! I also love how I kept everything to a minimum of like, 4 sentences. It makes work easier to do. My favourite activity was the bonus one. Which was yours?

Unknown said...

Hey Vedel.

I changed your mind! WOW! I never knew that by giving out reasons why I would want to do something, would make someone else think the same way. If I was Maui, I think I would have tried to be less tricky and sneaky, because he was a well-known cheeky Maori!

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Jazzie what such interesting sentences you have written I mean keep it up. I can see you are going to be an excellent writer in the future

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia Ora Jazire!

Welcome back to the Summer Learning Journey - we hope you'll enjoy blogging with us and learn some new things along the way!

Well done on completing the first day of activities! I love the letter you have written to your friend about your experience travelling to the new land. You've used so many exciting words that I feel like I'm experiencing it with you when I read it!

I also love that you are keen to give the Waka Ama race a go! I agree with all three of your points and think it would a a great experience and challenge, definitely worth a try!

Fabulous work Jazire - I look forward to reading more as you continue t blog with us!

Nicky :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jazire
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Post a Comment