Pages

Friday 3 June 2016

Homophones

Name:Jazire
Title: Homophones


These are words that sound the same but have different spellings and meanings.


Word List
Flower
Blue
Tied
Sail
Flour
Blew
Tide
Sale



She wore a pretty blue dress to the party.

What time is high tide tonight on the ocean?

We are going for a sail on the lake in a yatch?

A lovely, colourful flower was in the vase.

The wind blew strong and stronger.

Did you go to the store’s summer sale?

Dad used self raising flour to make the cake.

I tied the knots very tightly.




Him
Fined
Pain
Prey
Hymn
Find
Pane
Pray

The judge fined the speeding motorist.
In church we sang a traditional hymn.
The glazier replaced the broken pane of glass.
Did you find the lost brooch?
Inside the chapel she began to pray.
Are you going to give the present to him?
The eagle lunged at its prey.
I have a severe pain in my side.



Him
Fined
Pain
Prey
Hymn
Find
Pane
Pray

Guessed
Waist
Higher
Stationary
Guest
Waste
Hire
Stationery


It is silly to waste good food.
The jet climbed higher into the stratosphere.
I purchased some stationary at the news agents.
I guessed the correct answer.
He wore a blue belt around his waist.
My guest decided to stay at my home for another day.
How much does it cost to hire a tent.
The stationery tram was boarded by the passengers.







I knew that they would be coming over for lunch.
My dad bought me some new shoes.

My mum went shopping and so did I.
I got a chance to sew with my grandma.

I had steak for dinner.
My dad supported the plant with a stake.

My brother said that it was too cold for him to go outside.
My baby sister is turning two in a year.

My school uniform is over there.
Their books are all over the place.

I dare you to run around the tree.
I saw a beautiful dear in the forest.

I lead my family to the party.
My pencil led broke.

My feet were bare.
I saw a huge, ugly bear in the woods.

Whether I liked it or not I still had to go.
The weather today is very cloudy.





This is our work on homophones.



0 comments:

Post a Comment