Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

Making A Glossary

Reading - Inferences
How To Fall
Author: Whiti Hereaka
Illustrator: Rebecca ter Borg



Making a Glossary

WALHT - make a glossary list of the words we don’t know


SUCCESS CRITERIA -
  • After I finish organizing the words I don’t know in tables, I must find the definition.
  • I must write down the definition in my own words that are understandable to me.


Words I don’t know
My definition
Actual definition
Burbling
Going on and on about something
To continue going on about something.
Sympathetic
Being kind and talking nicely
Being supportive and encouraging - feeling or showing sympathy.
Disruptive
Always Irritating
Being wild and troublesome - Causing or tending to cause disruption.
Skody
A brand of protective-wear
Unattractive and not pleasing
Regain
Get back what you had before
Take possession of something (that you might have lost or other) again or once more.
Sprawled
Lying down spread out
Lounge or slump - Sit or lie with one’s arms and legs spread out; example - making snow angels.
Cautiously
Taking caution in what a person is doing
Trying to avoid potential problems or dangers.
Tension
Pressure or strength
Pressure, strain, rigidity, tightness.
Triumphant
Confident or proud of something
Feeling successful and victorious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment